Sunday 17 January 2010

Copy cat

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had a serious make up crush on little edie, played by Drew Barrymore. 


Awww poor little edie!



God I look sickly. 

To start off I used a mineral foundation to get a good coverage, matt but not too much.  I then concealed under my eyes. 

Using a eyebrow pencil in a light brown I defined my brows a bit more.  If you have a matt brown and cream eyeshadow use those, mine had a slight shimmer, which was more noticable in real life. I applied a lot of the cream eyeshadow all over my lid, I was quite heavy handed with this, I wanted to create a good contrast against the brown.  Next I applied the brown into the eye socket, I used the underneath of my brow bone as a guide and created a frown, which was pretty much extended into the inner corner of my eye, and then just below the outer corner of my eye. Keep checking in the mirror when you look up, you want it to be quite obvious.  I applied only a touch of mascara for my own vanity, but Drew looks like she has a brown mascara on at the most.




















I chose a lipstick as close as Drew's and lined them first with a natural liner and then filled in with the actual lipstick, no brush. 

To finish off I used a peachy blush, just a touch. 

What do you think? I really like it. 

On Thursday I introduced my BF to the thrills of Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face. I hadn't noticed but Richard Avedon was a consultant on the film, as well as designing the opening sequence, I really love his photography.  The women look so elegant and glamourous, and I'm not talking Cheryl Cole "glamourous" at the opening of the live X Factor show!



I'd love a print of one of his photos.

Have a look at his photos at www.richardavedon.com

The lady in the photograph is called Dovima, who I have just found out played a cameo in Funny Face as a and I quote "an empty headed fashion model" she can pull the most amazing poses though!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this look!!!

    Also a massive Avedon fan...went to Amsterdam last Feb to see his exhibition in Foam. Amazing. His photo of Marian Anderson is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I would love to see something like that. Im going to google Marian Anderson now x

    ReplyDelete