Wednesday 1 December 2010

Red and green should never be seen..... unless its CHRISTMAS!

I was just browsing through vogue online when I came across a photograph of the Christian Dior Spring summer 2010 collection and was immediately drawn to this photo..

and thought do you know what that would make a great Christmas look, if I added a more christmassy green with a slight bit of shimmer (please note, NOT GLITTER) these are the products I used:


*I started by applying Elizabeth Arden eyelid primer (I have the condition of greasy eyelids), if you don't have one just apply loose face powder. 

*Then I applied the BB Navajo all over my eyelid right up to my eyebrow, make sure its all blended in.

*Using Mac Humid Frost I applied this to my eyelid until you could see the colour just above my eyesocket.  To check this I stared straight into the mirror (sounds obvious but don't look up (like myspace) or down (double chin effect).

*Make sure that the green is very round and soft around the eyes, no eighties winged look here.  I don't know if I am just a mucky pup but I had a baby wipe to clean up underneath my eyes.

*I then used the BB gel liner and with a really thin brush applied a very delicate flicked line.  You need to keep the eye really clean underneath so no shadow or liner there.

*Then curl your lashes and apply a few layers of a volumising mascara (not to the bottom) I used Maybelline colossal (I hated it at first but after loads of compliments on my eyelashes I have grown to love it, I think it gets better the longer it is open)

*Now apply your chosen foundation, mine was the myface (which I love) nice and light and conceal.

*I then shaded my eyebrows in using Hot Stone, I was quite heavy handed here.

*Using a nice red, using your finger press the colour on to your lips, I didn't want it to look too perfect.  With the remainder of the lipstick on my finger I applied this to my cheeks, to stop myself looking washed out.

*A tiny covering of pressed powder and its done. 

Cue dramatic shadowed potrait



2 comments:

  1. Love the look Jen. Also this is on in London, we are going to go when we can afford it. Thought you may be interested http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/fashion/dior/
    Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does look pretty good, have we talked about this before, it rings a bell?!!

    ReplyDelete