Sunday 25 October 2009

What are you blushing at?

The other week while rooting through a vintage fair organised by http://www.vintagefair.co.uk/ I decided I’d pop into Fenwicks. This is the nearest place for me to gaze all google eyed at the latest beauty products. Speaking of new, I spotted a counter called Illamasqua; now forgive me for jumping on the bandwagon about six months too late but I hadn’t been to Newcastle for ages. Anyway, I was straight over and realised I REALLY needed a new blusher. Right away I was drawn to a gorgeous deep burgundy called..... – unfortunately I have a problem it doesn’t tell me on the compact. But here is the colour up close.


















The lady on the counter was really helpful without being over powering and gave me a brush to apply the cream blusher, something I had never tried before. It gave a lovely finish on my cheeks and since then I have tried the blush application with all my cream blushes with great success. I think at first some people might be daunted by the darkness of the colour. Unlike some colours what you see if what you get, pigment wise this cream blush is very strong. As long as you use a gentle hand and build up the colour you won’t end up looking too OTT, unless of course that is what you’re going for. Personally I know this won’t be the last time I invest in Illamasqua, in fact I’m really excited about exploring their products in the future. Especially since the lovely lady who was working the counter that day let me have a go at the lucky dip. I managed to get my little mits on a full size Illamasqua intense lip gloss worth £12.50 kerching!! You can explore their products and watch some really interesting videos at http://www.illamasqua.com/










1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of Illamasqua, nor have i tried cream blusher before... i've scoped it out a couple of times at the mac consessions, but always been a little unsure about the concept so always bought the old, 'run-of-the-mill' powder.... it is lovely.

    Thanks for the info.,ill be sure to purchase one myself in the future... x

    ReplyDelete