Tuesday 3 November 2009

Wipe that dirty face

Now I'm not afraid to say that I am a right stickler when it comes to taking my makeup off, "yawn" I hear some of you say, but I can't bare that feeling of last night's face all over my pillow. Plus it's not always my pillow (yes that's right I'm nothing but a hussy!!!) so I thought I would share the products that cleanse my virginal face.

My own bed - About a year ago I was invited to a Virgin Vie party and being at a bit of a loss of what to buy, I remembered an article about cleansing oil. Now when I looked into the best ones Shu Uemuras Cleansing Oil was the name that kept on coming up and this was at the bargainous price of.... £23.49 and that's for the smallest bottle, a tear was shed. So as I was flicking through the Virgin Vie catalogue I came across Second Skin Cleansing Oil priced at £10.50 for 125ml. Some of you may cough at that price but I didn't think it was too bad, plus I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about when it came to oils. I use about three or four shakes of the bottle and rub it first into my dry skin and then gently around my eyes, I then take a hot muslin cloth and hold it over my face and wipe off. This oil is recommended for dry and mature skin, I have combination skin and since using this break outs have definitely become less frequent. It even gets rid of stubborn eye makeup. I'm just starting on my second bottle, and its quite rare for me to go back to the same product so I think that says a lot. http://www.vieathome.com/

My other cleanser of choice is Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, this smells delish. I'm a sucker for eucalyptus and as you rub this in it makes your skin tingle ever so slightly. You then remove the cleanser with a muslin cloth which are included with every purchase. I tend to use this when i feel my skin is looking a little bit dull. So now that winter is here this will be coming out to wake me up on those dark mornings. I have had a lot of Liz Earle products, and I love them, so if I got a gift set from Liz Earle every Christmas I would be a very happy lady indeed. http://uk.lizearle.com/

Sleepsing over - A lot of the time I sleep out at my Boyfs and I can't always be bothered to take my normal cleansers, so I end up relying on Simple face wipes and the LOreal De-Maq makeup remover. I only need a little drop and rubbed gently onto my eyes I soon resemble a panda which I can then remove with a wipe, I then like to splash my face with some water to get rid of any oily residue. This is super quick and I can soon put my head down for some well needed beauty sleep.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations, because I love nothing better than squeaky clean skin x

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jen, nice to read this one... If I use ANYTHING on my face other than water (even that is too much sometimes) it goes insane. Oils are particularly bad... if you ever find something truly amazing let me know. Right now, I just let the stuff work its way off my face :s But I don't wear foundation much either, so it's not such a big deal :) now you're going to tell me off, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natalie, thanks for reading. I don't think there is any miracle cream out there but I went throught a face of having bad skin, I would break out all the time. I would maybe start steaming your face once or twice a week and then maybe use a gentle toner to tighten the pores back up again. DO NOT USE Clearasil or anything like that they are too astringent! Have you ever tried dermalogica they do some good cleansers I have used the antibac and clay cleanser they also do a range for sensitive skin: http://www.dermalogica.com/uk/products.html#/products/product-use/cleansers. I have used this website before and you can get little trial bottles they are expensive but they last ages: http://www.adonisgrooming.com/home.php?cat=1495, if you are wanting something a bit cheaper a friend of mine who had trouble with breakouts swears by simple facial cleanser. If nothing works I would suggest going to see your Doc I think no one should have to suffer with skin problems anymore x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superstar. Maybe after Crimbo I'll set aside some time to test a few things. Or it might be time to stand up to the doc! Thanks for replying, lovely! x

    ReplyDelete