Tuesday 24 November 2009

My paramore


Sadly I don't mean my forbidden lover, my life isn't exciting enough.  I am talking about the teeny bopper rockers "Paramore", responsible for a song featured on the Twighlight soundtrack which stars Robert Pattinson *sigh* goes the breath of two ladies who should know better. 

Being from the north east I have heard lots and lots about Lauren Luke aka panacea81 and her do it yourself tutorials.  For those who don't know who she is; Lauren is one of the most viewed users on youtube.  People email her with make up looks they want to create, for example Leona Lewis, Cheryl Cole and Britney Spears.  Lauren then provides a video of how to do it yourself, some videos have been watched up to three million times, which is a number I just can't seem to fathom. There is so much going on with this lovely lady I could blog all day, but here is a link for you http://www.bylaurenluke.com/ 

Now I sometimes feel that I can be a bit boring when it comes to experimenting with colour on my eyes so I thought I would give one of her looks a go.  I decided to go with the lead singer of Paramore in the video for Ignorance (????? I'm no longer with it *sob*).  Here is the video that I used: http://www.youtube.com/panacea81 I didn't have the exact same products that Lauren used but don't let that put you off.  Here is the final look.



I think I could easily wear this for a night out what do you think?

I would never have chosen the orangey lips to go with smoky eyes, but I dont actually  mind it.  Here is the make up I used....



I used the purple and black from an Estee Lauder eye shadow palette, Benefit High Beam (can you tell I use this a lot?) and a Lancome glossy lip nectar.

I have got to say I really enjoyed having a go at this, Lauren is a warm, genuine person and doesn't make you feel patronised when she is going through the look step by step.  When I was in my teens I used to spend hours in front of the mirror applying and reapplying make up. Having a go at this made me realise I kind of missed the whole, have a go even though it might look silly attitude that I no longer seem to possess.  I am now going to mess around a lot more.  With my pale skin and red hair I sometimes shy away from eye colour that is bright and strong, but I think I am now in the mood to experiment more, and that's all down to Lauren Luke.  I would also like to add that I had a go at the Britney Spears Toxic inspired look, and lets just say that's a photo that will never see the light of day, not my finest hour..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment