Friday 13 November 2009

The little sneak


SUCKKERRR!!! that's me.  When I should be buying Chrimbo pressies for everyone else I am drawn into the online auction trap.  Hmmm I'll just see what make up bargains are out there....well put it this way I didn't get a bargain I got a fake.  A Nars Orgasm blusher fake, mine for only £12.75.  I thought I would never fall prey to this type of thing, but I did, and as soon as I went to apply the colour, well there was none.  I already own a Nars blusher called Exhibit A and as you can see it is as red as red can be, the colour you see in the compact is the colour you get once applied to your face. 

 











As you can see you can barely see the peachy colour!!! 

That is when I felt the thud of disappointment. Beginning to explore the packaging, I noticed there was no mention of colour on the packaging or compact.  The blusher was also imprinted with "Nars" this isn't standard.  You may ask how I didn't notice this when I was bidding, well it was down to some clever photography.  The perspex protecting the blusher was covering the pressed blush.  If I had spotted the imprint before I bid, I wouldn't be as mad as I am right now, plus I'd be about £13 better off.  As soon as I realised I'd been had, I began to search the internet for examples of fake cosmetics and found this really helpful article by Bella Sugar 
http://www.bellasugar.com/1075153.  This confirmed that it was indeed a fake.  Gutted.  Here are a couple of pics to show you where the fakes went wrong.  The top blusher is the real one......


So let that be a warning to all you bargain hunters out there, if you are going to buy cosmetics from an unofficial source be sure to have a right good nose and if you are not sure don't do it!



No comments:

Post a Comment