Monday 30 November 2009

Request numero uno

Earlier this week, I received a request from one of my friends:

"ere, any tips on how to apply that glittery powder gear that barry m do. i got some aaages ago and wana know how to use it properly. Blog it up x"

Well Miss Prettyful I do indeed have some tips, and to conincide with the fact it is the 1ST OF DECEMBER TOMOROW I have decided to show you a christmassy make up look using Barry M Dazzle Dust. 

Here are the products that I used.



I started out with a clean face and some moisturiser.  I applied a primer over my eyelids and then a neutral beige *yawn*.  I then applied Mac's Patina Frost eyeshadow up to my socket, I like using a brush, but if you prefer use those little fingers or anything you like.  Then I used Mac's Velvet Moss (kindly bought for me by my BF) I applied this to my socket line and outer corners using a really soft big brush I blended and blended to get a really soft look, and no harsh edges between the two colours. Are you ready for the tip.......here it comes.......... 

before you apply the dazzle dust stick your finger into some Vaseline and gently pat pat pat over the eyshadow taking care not to rub, otherwise the effort you made earlier with the blending with have gone to pot. 

easy peasy!

Then using either a really compact brush or your finger, dip into the lighter dazzle dust in Chocolate and pat the colour onto the inner part of the eyelid and fan out slightly into the green.  Now using dazzle dust in Khaki pat into the socket and outercorner and slightly overlap with the chocolate.  Using a soft brush buff the two colours together where they join and fan out and keep going until your eyes are nice and even.  I used a little cotton bud dipped in the Khaki underneath my eye and smudged.  You  may think to yourself, why have I applied eyes first? It really is up to you, but I find glitter goes all over my face and its so much easier to take a cleansing wipe and get rid of all the unwanted glitteryness than to carefully touch up your perfect foundation.  Now here is that prettyful close up.



Normally I use quite a dark blusher but I just used a Nars Multiple in Antibes for a slight sheen to my cheekbones.  To finish off my christmas look I used the most festive lipgloss I have ever seen Golden Gloss by YSL.  I think you could add come falsh eyelashes and you would be ready for any Christmas party!


 
So there you go Miss Prettyful I hope that helps x

No comments:

Post a Comment