Tuesday 22 February 2011

Stuck in a rut

I got asked to do a friends make up at the weekend.  We were having a girly weekend in Nottingham visiting a friend, and we got chatting about make up.  I was sorting through a friends make up (basically having a good nose) when my friend (S) confessed she felt she was in a rut.  She asked if I fancied having a go at doing her make up, I practically jumped at the chance.  I love doing it and it's good practice.  She explained what she normally wore; lashings of mascara, pink blusher, bright lipstick, and thick black eyeliner, but hardly any eyeshadow. 
 
As you can see below S has the most beautiful natural blonde hair, big blue eyes, and a gorgeous mouth not forgetting her lovely pale complexion.  I had a good canvas, so I thought why hide it.  
 
This is what I used  and in this order -

* Leggy by Benefit - over entire eyelid up to brow
* Dandy Brandy by Benefit - applied up to the socket
* Brown from Revlon Neutral Khakis - in the socket and just above
* Black No7 pencil eyeliner - blended into the lash line
* Black mascara by Yves Saint Laurent - only applied one coat 
* Mary Kay mineral eye shadow Sienna - brushed gently into the brows
* Boots My Face foundation Fair 01 - applied where needed 
* Boing by Benefit - where needed
* Oh La Lift by Benefit - underneath the eyes
* Illamasqua cream blusher - on cheeks and used as a lip tint.

Everything was used sparingly.  See the look below, including before pic of how much mascara was taken off beforehand, this caused great amusement!!   
 

I think she looks beautiful.  On the Monday S sent me a text saying that she had given the eyeshadow a whirl, and had used less make up in general.  I even got a pic! I'm a great believer in less is more especially when you are as naturally pretty as S, why hide?

Special thanks to C who took the pics and noted down the products as i threw them in a pile x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment