Wednesday 17 November 2010

Gay Paris

In October I made my first ever trip to Paris, yes at the grand old age of 27 I had never been.  It was only for a couple of nights at the end of five days in the french countryside.  I have always wanted to go to Paris, and looking at the street photography blogs just made me want to go all the more.  However when I got there after an hour long train journey on a double decker train (sad, but so clever I loved it) the weather was just so miserable, and it just got worse and worse.  There was even thunder and lightning, I was completely underwhelmed.  To top it off I even kicked some dog poo, which to be fair did make me laugh and my friend too.   I just didn't get it.  I don't know whether I am a bit bias towards Spain, because of how much I love Barcelona, or whether it was the weather or the fact that the french were striking (which really didn't affect us at all) I just felt really dissapointed by the whole place.  Here is a pic of my sad sad face, note the stylish any size gloves I had to buy because my fingers were soooo cold.

However dissapointed I was feeling I did find time to do a spot of make up shopping in Sephora and Galeries Lafayette.  The whole time I was in there I could not stop thinking about Lafayette from True Blood (don't get me started, love it).....anyhow I decided that I needed to buy a bright pink lipstick, easy huh??? Nope not at all, after visiting nearly all the counters in the "gallery" I was starting to feel a bit dissapointed.  The pinks were either too light, not enough pigment when they were applied or full of glitter, not for me.  I meandered past the Christian Dior counter where the most beautiful sales assistant tried to help, I liked her even more when I explained that I sometimes have trouble with some colours making my teeth look yellow, which she completely understood and "agreed" that she had that problem too,hah!!!  I don't care if she was trying to make a sale!! (it didn't work in the end a man rudely interupted us and took her for himself) so I then moved off to Shu Uemera where I found this....


I don't really class myself as a girly girl, but I love this.  When I took photos of this colour on my lips it didn't do it justice, but you can see how pink it is on the tissue.  It feels so soft when you apply the colour straight from the bullet, much nicer than other lipsticks I have used.  I haven't really timed how long it stays on but I don't care about reapplying when it feels so nice, there is no dried out feeling at all.  Will probably wearing this colour to the many many Christmas parties I have in my social calender, along with a Barry M dazzle dust in an irridescent silver, and loads of black mascara.  If I decide to leave the house I will post some pics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment