Wednesday 12 January 2011

Lip tint on Max's collar

The BF and I went shopping to Newcastle on Sunday, I had to change a pressie at Fenwicks so decided to make a day of it, including YO Sushi, oh how I love the deep fried pumpkin. 

While we were whiling the hours away in Fenwicks (I don't think I have ever spent that long in a shop) I received a phone call from my Mum, who wanted me to pick up one of the new Max Factor Lipfinity Lasting Tints.  I really liked the idea of the tint pen when I saw it advertised on the back of my Mothers Easy Living magazine. (I could go on and on about that mag, slightly middle aged, but sometimes makes for a better read than Vogue).  Boots didn't have the whole range so I had to popped into Superdrug, read something similar here.

I decided to treat myself too, I went for No. 03 and I bought No. 04 for my Mum.  


I really liked the idea of the pen and just kind of drawing on my mouth.  Although I love the colour, I found a few problemos.  Have you ever tried to write with a biro or highlighter on a wall?  The ink often can't flow to the nib because the pen is not upside down,  well application to your bottom lip is fine because the tint is the right way up, as soon as I started on my top lip the colour wasn't as consistent.  I think this is more visible on the No. 04 pic.

Also stay away from this if you have even the tiny bit of dryness on them, it will make the dry part stand out like a beacon!


I also think the key to making it last longer, is once the tint is applied keep your mouth slightly parted until it dries.  Excuse the slightly severe mouth above.  


I wore the tint to work on Monday, and got lots of compliments about the dramatic lip colour.  I kept applying a colourless lip balm at work, and it seemed to extend the life span of the tint too.  I will keep using the product, and thought I might where it underneath a lipstick to make that last even longer, but I don't think I will re purchase when it either runs out, or drys out (!?)


No comments:

Post a Comment