Sunday 16 January 2011

The quest

My skin hasn't been looking the best recently.  With how cold the weather has been and then, how hot it is inside, I have been suffering with dry patches and dull skin.  I have tried lots of different exfoliators, Dermalogica's daily microfoliant, a micro dermabrasion cream whose name escapes me and more recently Liz Earle's gentle face exfoliator I have come to the end of  my second bottle of this, but I just want to try something different.  The problem is I don't want anything with granules in.  When I was a teenager I use to rub my skin raw with Aapri scrub gel, and I think I am now paying for it.  I think that because my skin is so fair, I have developed broken veins on my face and they are becoming more and more obvious.  I think genetics plays a part in this, but I don't think scrubbing my face has helped much either. 

So I am now on a quest to find a gentle exfoliator, that contains salic acid.  I have read that this is one of the best ways to get glowing skin, and I don't think its as harsh as it sounds.  When I visited Leeds I asked round some of the high end beauty counters to see if they had an exfoliator or mask that contained salic acid, I didn't have much luck.  There was a really helpful lady on the Sisley counter who although didn't have what I was looking for gave me two samples Sisley's gentle facial buffing cream and radiant glow express mask, how could I say no, and when am I ever going to pay of £50 for a cream regularly.  My little mitts couldn't wait to get into the little packets.

The lady reckoned there was about six applications in the sample, and I think so far I have had about four and there is more left.  You pat the cream all over your face and then roll off in an upwards motion.  I add water because I still think it seems slightly harsh.  I think it is making a difference to my skin, and it does feel lovely and soft afterwards, just not so sure I could justify spending that amount of money on this cream.  I am yet to try the mask, but apparently it has won lots of beauty awards! So I may be giving that a try later on this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment